Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ya GET what ya pay for... every time...

Ok, so yesterday was one of the HOTTEST days on record here in the ol midwest, so what a better way to spend it taking pictures???  That way, you can get out of your house you've been spending way to much time in avoiding the heat, spend some time in different environment and feeling confident looking so good all at the same time!  Brandon met me at crown center, then we hit union station and got some great photos.  I think I shot around 700 in all, but believe me he has tons of keepers and even more variety to continue to pick through and use for years to come.  This guy is 19, a young aspiring actor and he needed some pictures to begin to market himself.  (A brief story that relates.)  I was sitting in my agents office in NYC several years ago, and there was a pile of manilla envelopes full of hopeful young talent trying to get represented.  I asked if I could look at some of the pictures.  my agent replied, "Go ahead, most of them are horrible anyway"  So I got to looking, and unfortunately most of the pictures were slightly out of focus, not flattering, boring and just overall amateurish... not the first impression ya wanna make. But back to Brandon... this is a SMART guy, one who wanted to make a splash for his first impression, so what does he do?  He sets an appointment with me and we do it right the FIRST time. He brings colors that highlight his eyes,  skin tone and look. We take some time to get to one another so hes relaxed, and he was willing to let me spend as much time as we needed to get great stuff! Sometimes you don't get a second chance to make that first impression.  I pretty much can guarantee this kid will get seen by someone, I mean look at that face, those eyes...  You don't put that picture in a pile of rejects for sheer professional standard alone.  So, when you go to get professional pictures taken, don't sacrifice saving money for a crappy headshot... You ever heard the saying, "You get what ya pay for?" Well it's true.  Wait untill you have saved enough money to do it right the first time!!! I cant tell you how many agents,casting directors... clients will not even consider a meeting with you if you have a bad picture.  A picture can say a thousand words and you want those words to say who you are, what you stand for and what you have to offer! www.manonhalliburtonphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment