Monday, March 24, 2014

When your shooting "Big Bellys with Little people in em"


I have never shot a pregnancy session until a few days ago and if they all go as this one did.... I never want to shoot anything but "Big belly's with little people in em."   Natalie Liccardello and Daniel Magill are a K.C. couple that's generally considered amongst most to be a very "cool coupla' cats"  no pun intended with the barrel... But seriously, they are two of my friends; and I know most artists in our community share those same sentiments when talking about them.  This is their first child, soon to be introduced to the world this July.  With the pure shock of what I can only imagine being pregnant for the first time would feel like.... Here we have Natalie - a fiercely talented actress with a wicked sense for writing and a penchant for being herself at all times!  Shes gonna me a MOMMY!!!  So, what do I do????... bombard her to get some photos taken of this life changing event... she finally caved, and this is some of what we got, or rather I captured... A whole lotta creativity from creative like minds, which equaled to one of my favorite photo shoots ever.  What a joy and what a wonderful message she will be giving to her daughter as she grows and learns.. To be FUN, HAPPY, SILLY, FREE and most importantly yourself.   That's gonna be one lucky kid.  It reminds me of the beautiful picture of my own mother on her wedding day:   In her wedding dress with legs tangled like a pretzel, her chest splayed forward with hunched over shoulders clamoring on to her bouquet of upside down roses ... and last but not least, her eyes crossed with a smirk on her lips.... Its perfect, and I am happy shes my mama!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment